Monday 30 November 2015

Supracolour Practice

 

 

 

My practice with supracolour was much more successful than using aqua colour. Firstly, it does not dry and goes on with a dewy finish that can then be powdered if desired, so this gives me the option if I want to make the skin texture more like that of a snake (dry) or more that of a human (dewy). I was able to layer the paint without displacing much of what was underneath, and still felt as if I was able to work quickly and also able to blend into the hairline easily.

Another advantage with supracolour was my ability to contour with the green colour on its own, which I did not think about during the practice before. Here, I am able to mix colours to make the natural green that I want and also create more depth on the face and on the chest when I create my look.

Overall, this practice was incredibly helpful as if I had continued with the aqua colour I would not have been satisfied and the colour would not have been the one that I really wanted. Moreover, I am still able to highlight with supracolour and I feel like this is important to add to the texture and dimension of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment