Tuesday 3 November 2015

Re-creating My Mould

During our first mould lesson, I was not able to reach the Baldiez stage, and so I waited a week and then went to finish it. However, at this point, my mould had still not set after a week, either meaning that my products were contaminated or that I had not followed the process correctly.

What I had remembered from before was that when I had poured silicone A and B into the cup, I immediately poured it onto my wound without stirring, and so I had to stir it while it was setting on top of my wound, and clearly this did not work. To my dismay, I had to start from scratch again and sculpt my wound and mould it during that day. This was extremely stressful, however was a learning curve and has given me another experience of creating a mould again.


This was my re-done mould while I was waiting for it to set. I found the experience easier this time as all the products were available and I did not have to wait an hour for the equipment, and I was not stressed out about finishing within the time frame and was able to be more careful about following the instructions on how to create a mould. I was able to create the mould, set it, and do the conclusive layers.

During this day, I still ran out of time as both Amelia and I had to try and shoot our looks but after Amelia's was done it was too late for mine. However this gives my mould and Baldiez layer a week to set and also gives me more preparation time. I am looking forward to creating and shooting the wound and my look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment