Tuesday 1 December 2015

Application of the Prosthetic

When putting my prosthetic on Sylwia's face, I was not happy with it as soon as it went on. The baldiez layer was too far away from the edges of the silicone mould, and so when it went on, because the edge was too close to the hairline and the eyes, I had to cut around it and it turns out that the edges were made of silicone, not baldiez, meaning I would not be able to blend the edges. This was extremely disappointing; the point of creating a prosthetic is so that it realistically merges into the face and looks as if it is part of the person. This meant that my prosthetic didn't have realism and the edges were completely obvious. Because of this, I felt that I had to work really hard on the skin and the rest of the look to create obvious characterisation and detract from the terrible prosthetic application.



These are the photos from the first attempt at my application. At this point, this was where we discovered that I would not be able to blend the edges as they were silicone. If I knew that this had happened, I would have tried again, however I did not have enough time to try again, therefore had to make the best of the situation. After this, I took off the pieces and cut around them more so that it was not in the hair, and to reduce the impact of the appearance of the silicone. 

On the face, I found that the pieces I made were too big. While sculpting, I was continuously cutting them down so they weren't big in height, however it is clear that I didn't do this enough. Moreover, I feel as if the pieces should have extended all the way from the eyebrow part to the hairline. I am not happy with how the prosthetics look as I feel like they are too big for the forehead, and I wish I had been able to practice the moulds before I had done the actual thing as there are so many things about this that I would have changed in order for it to look more realistic and for it to look as if it really is part of the face, as I think that if this look had been done well, it could have looked really good. 




Here are the photos of my final application. The colour is not right as there was a setting on the camera that was on that none of us were aware of until Lottie was able to change this later on in the day, so this is why these photos have a blue tinge to them; the moulds were more green than this. Even in this photos I am not happy with the prosthetic or the application for the same reasons as in the explanations above. 






No comments:

Post a Comment