Tuesday 1 December 2015

The Final Look

When I began painting and creating the look, I became happier with the outcome, not because of how the prosthetic look but because of how I had the opportunity to redeem myself with the other elements that I wanted to create, such as the green skin and the peeling skin, although I am aware that the most important part is the prosthetic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did not encounter any problems while painting the skin, and I know that I would have had I not practiced it beforehand. I think that here I was successful in creating contour on the face with lighter and darker greens, and creating more depth on the chest; making the collarbones and shadows more visible.

It is also clear to me how much I learned from my mistakes in my practises. Firstly with the eyeliner and the eyelashes being too thick in the first practice; this time I was really satisfied with how the eyeliner looks as it is sleek and neat, and the eyelashes do not overpower her eyes like they did before as I cut them down. I decided to last minute disregard the necklace that I used in my practice as I felt that the colours were too contrasting with the red and yellow on the head; too many colours would have detracted from the green, black and gold. Moreover, I used supracolour for the lips this time instead of liquid liner, and placed the lines closer into the mouth and I feel like this gave a more realistic look and was closer to one of the images that I used for my inspiration. Lastly, buying gold string to wrap around the hair tied all the gold elements together I feel, and I only noticed that this would be effective from the photos from my practice.

Sue gave me different points of advice for my look. She suggested painting this black tongue onto the lips and mouth, and this gave an effective tribal edge to the look.

Overall, I am pleased with the whole look apart from the prosthetic area. This was the most important part that would have benefitted the most from practising, however I did not have enough time to do this, but it has taught me a strong lesson that it is important to be completely sure of the sizings of your pieces as this is definitely an element that let me down. I was pleased with the scales, but they were also too big for the face. I would also change the colouring as Sue commented on the colours saying they were too harsh and I agree, I think that a black and orange would have been more effective and matched the colour scheme better.

It is a shame that my prosthetics pieces turned out so disappointing as I was very excited to embark on this unit and now I feel as if I have not done myself justice and wasted my opportunities in a way. I would also liked to also done a look that is conventional of that of the TV and film genre, as my look is still fashion based, but in retrospect this must be the route I feel most comfortable in.

No comments:

Post a Comment